Winding down


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Bragg Creek
July 23rd 2005
Published: July 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Becca's Big Blow OutBecca's Big Blow OutBecca's Big Blow Out

The Big Three Oh

Bragg Creek, July 21-23, 2005



We arrived in Bragg Creek mid-afternoon on Thursday, July 21. Things are incredibly green here after all the rain Alberta has had this year, and the mosquito population has undergone quite an explosion. I believe they are even denser here than they were in northern BC, which is really saying something.

Katherine was still knitting furiously on the sweater which was to form part of her birthday present to Rebecca (yes, she finished the knitting on time, though it was only basted together until Friday, when she got time to finish sewing the pieces together properly), as members of the extended family and friends began to arrive in preparation for the surprise party. Surprisingly, it did end up being a big surprise for Becca. All the cars had been cleverly hidden either in garages or on adjacent property, so she couldn't tell anything was up until she was well inside the door and we all jumped out to surprise her. There was a table groaning with yummy eats, lots of presents, cake, and lots of good fellowship. A fine party, in short.

Next stop: Bow River, today (July 23) to for a work
Becca modeling one of her giftsBecca modeling one of her giftsBecca modeling one of her gifts

Yes, I admit, I knitted this sweater (Katherine)
bee to help Becca and Don get their new house in the park ready to move into next week. Then tomorrow morning we’ll start heading back west towards Vancouver; we're currently planning to follow highway 93 south, and then pick up highway 3 westbound, so the next update should be from the hopefully sunny Okanagan.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The other sweaterThe other sweater
The other sweater

Yes, I knitted this too. But Becca and Don are cuter than the sweater, aren't they?


23rd July 2005

A friend in Penticton
Salut, I don't know if you've ever met my friend Beth Weick...but if you pass through Penticton and want to say hello for me, she's at 250-4937021. Have an enjoyable trip back.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb