Day 4


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
November 4th 2010
Published: November 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 4.


The plan today was to meet Ollie after he finished work, and have a drink at the British Embassy club, called the Rabbit Hutch, and then hit the F1 Experience on the Corniche by the public beach.

The F1 experience is basically a whole load of F1 type stuff, free to enter and open to the public, the highlight of which had to be the Mubadala experience, which had remote controlled cars which each had a camera on the top so you could sit in a simulator and drive the model cars around the track, along with F1 simulators, where you got to drive around the track or, in my case, crash into the walls a great deal, in an F1 sized car which shook and vibrated as you crashed into things, hit bumps, and so on. There was also a wind tunnel which simulated the sort of wind speeds you'd experience when driving an F1 car.

After that it was onto the beach for a bit of a paddle, and just to relax for a bit in the dusk, before calling for home delivery lebanese food and heading back to the apartment to eat. After that, we headed to the local coffee shop, Ninars, one of my favourites from my last trip, who do a mean dessert, as well as great turkish coffee. And also a rather good shisha!! So, time for a coffee and a hubbly bubbly to spend the remainder of the evening. Very nice. Headed to the supermarket after that to buy some t-shirts as i just don't seem to have any, and also a razor as that seems to need to be added to the list of things which ive somehow forgotten to pack. I actually reckon that its in a pocket somewhere on one of the bags, but i have checked all the ones i can think of and can't find it!

Tomorrow, we have brunch in the revolving restaurant; by all accounts this is a 4 hour all you can eat bonanza, and then there is the Brazilian parade down at the F1 experience, in preparation for the Brazilian grand prix this sunday, which they are also showing live on a giant screen. Saturday is looking like a day trip to Dubai, and there will be another one later in the week too to make we get to see all the bits and pieces there.


Another great day comes to an end!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

flagflag
flag

see, told you it was big!! thats a mosque right next to it!


5th November 2010

pics
I like the way you are using them! Only problem is it makes me wish I was there!
5th November 2010

keep the news coming.
Have enjoyed reading all your days entries to date. Good to see the photos of the places that you have visited, Olly and his lovely children and especially a relaxed smiling Helen. Thing are all much the same here, not liking these winter evenings and coming home from work in the dark. We are going to be packing our bags tonight ready for our couple of days in Paris with Les and Sylve. Anyway keep enjoying your trip. Lots of love M+D

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb