That well known oil company, "DQ".
From the Gulf News yesterday: Abu Dhabi: As many as 45 unmarked police cars will join forces with regular traffic patrol cars in the emirate to check on reckless motorists, Abu Dhabi police announced on Tuesday.
The addition of the unmarked cars to the patrol fleet comes as a measure to curb reckless driving, which could potentially injure or kill road users apart from causing damage to property, the police said.
The cars will patrol streets within and outside the city to monitor speeding and non-compliance of traffic rules and regulations.
Link to full article: Gulf News
Notwithstanding the above, I can be fairly sure that the following outside-lane-slow-coach offenders are not undercover police:
• Any sign written van or car
• 14 seat mini-buses with 30 Pakistani labourers in it
• 20 year old Toyota Corolla/Mitsubishi Lancer/Nissan Sunny etc… with heavy window tint and bling wheel covers
• Pick-up truck with camel/goats/compressor/200 bails of hay etc… in the back
• Massive American SUV/Pick-up covered in bling/Arabic writing and/or towing a boat, jetski or quad bike on a dangerous looking trailer
• Any vehicle with less than five digits on its number plate
• New 4X4 driven by a woman talking on her phone
• Any one of the dubious “Limo” cars
• Military vehicles
• Any vehicle with a sign on the back saying “Am I drive safe? If not so phone 04-123456”
• A hire car driven by a tourist who obviously under-estimated how bad the driving actually is out here
• A white Toyota Land Cruiser driven by an impatient, angry looking ginger bloke who is right up to any one of the above vehicles flashing his lights and beeping at them to get out of the fucking way.
Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:apollo w:www (220.127.116.11); sld: 1;
; mem: 6.4mb