Accurate Turning


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

AccurateAccurateAccurate

Here's one for you HSE types - "Spot the Hazards"
Just Imagine that you've set off overseas to seek your fortune in the Land of Black Gold. You are a skilled machinist and you set up in a little workshop in Musaffah. You are proud of your skills on a lathe so you name your establishment accordingly, so the "Accurate Turning Workshop" is born.

All is well and business is booming, you've been able to afford a few acetylene bottles and have a whole yard full of swarf, welding cables and other engineering type stuff.

So imagine the horror when you turn up on your Honda C50 one morning to find that set up right next door to you is the Perfect Turning Workshop! Who in their right mind is going to drive past a perfect place to give their business to someone who is just accurate? No one, that's who.

As if that wasn't bad enough, next door to them the New Perfect Turning Workshop opens up. Poor old Accurate, he may as well give up and go home, or re-brand and call himself the "One Million Percent Totally Cock On Turning Workshop".

Not much else to report, there's a few photos of a few curiosities.
PerfectPerfectPerfect

Nothing tops perfection - apart from NEW perfection.
I met Michael Howard the other day while we were having lunch at Prego's. I don't like being disturbed when I'm out in public, but he was very polite when he asked if he could have his photo taken with me.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Luxury travelLuxury travel
Luxury travel

Nah, I think I'll sit in the back, more room to spread out.
Name that filmName that film
Name that film

Can you guess the film from the the Chinese translation of the synopsis? There's a prize for the first correct answer.
911911
911

You pay extra for few digits on your number plate. Out here the emergency number is 999, so it's not a reference to that.
Thomas!Thomas!
Thomas!

I'd not noticed this sign in the fish market before.
Hanging AroundHanging Around
Hanging Around

"Oi - what are you doing?" "Nothing" "That's OK, as long as you are not hanging around"
CrudeCrude
Crude

For 18 Dirhams they'll give you a carrot and tell you to stick it up your arse.
DangerDanger
Danger

Seen on the back of a Mini Cooper S outside my building. What a prick.
This is how big...This is how big...
This is how big...

...Parrots were when they first came out.
Mike & MeMike & Me
Mike & Me

"Tell me Prime Minister - who are those purple papal people?"


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb