Istanbul, Cappadocia and Kas to name just a few...


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
October 20th 2006
Published: November 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

I have just spent the last 2 weeks touring Turkey with Laura. As she likes to always be on the move we went all over. We started in Istanbul which is a great city with lots to see. Unfortunately there is no photo as Laura was so busy sight seeing she forgot to take my photo!

After that we headed East to Cappadocia which is home to lots of groovy rock formations. It is a really interesting place to visit and was my favourite place in Turkey.

After that we headed south via Konya, a very conservative town which is famous for Mevlana the guy who is the founder of the Whirling Dervish sect. We got the chance to see the Dervishes whirl elsewhere in Turkey. It was a little strange but good.

Once we were on the coast we got to enjoy the Turquoise the coast which is lovely. Kas is just one of the places we visited. It (like a lot of Turkish towns) had a theatre. This one had some of the best views.

Once we had travelled along the Mediterranean coast we headed up the Aegean coast stopping and Ephesus, Troy and Gallipoli before heading back to Istanbul.

A great trip but tiring. I think I will 'hang' in the lab for a bit before my next adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb