Turkey's Magical Highways Day 19


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
October 27th 2014
Published: October 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

AWOL -- we skipped out on today's activities which would have included 8+ hours in a small, cramped van and a long hike straight up a mountain with loose stones. The others aren't back yet but we are positive we made the right decision. The bad part is that we won't have seen Mt. Nemrut and the huge statutes of Hercules, Zeus and others that are built at the top by King Antiochus I -- another UNESCO site that is well known throughout the world. We spent time in the park at the base of Abraham's cliff and cave where he was born. It is Urfa's small version of Central Park. We people watched but I think we were observed even more. Several people stopped to ask where we are from and to practice their English. Attached is a picture of three 9th grade girls who enjoyed asking us everything they could think of with their limited English. One wants to be a lawyer, the other two teachers. We are now waiting for the group to return for dinner in the hotel. We are refreshed, they will be warn out but more educated.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb