Day 11 - 17


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
April 30th 2006
Published: May 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were thrilled to see Michelle and meet her partner Adnan and don't forget the huge but placid dog Lottie. They live in a Mandarin Grove just outside of Bodrum.They have a beautiful cottage on there property where we are staying. It is just perfect. We walk down to the shop and get our bread and fruit in the mornings. We have had some fantastic meals at some great restaurants. Last night we went to their local…a rustic cottage with fantastic Turkish food.
We have walked down to the beach a few times and enjoyed the Turkish sunshine.
Bodrum is yachting heaven. Hundreds of magnificent boats are lined up ready for cruises in the holiday season. This started on May 1.
Yesterday, Wednesday, we went on a great cruise around the peninsula. Stopped at a few coves and swam. The water is turquoise and so clear. The kids had a ball. Lucy was jumping off the side and the front of the boat. The water is still a little…no allot chilli but that didn’t stop the kids & Mark. It pulled Helen up and she didn’t last too long in the water.
Adnan and Michelle have a Real Estate agency here so they know the area well. They have been wonderful hosts and we will be sad to leave them tomorrow as we set off on the next part of the adventure…Italy!
Helen
We loved Turkey and had it not been for the fact that Michelle lived there we may never of visited, this would have been one of the great regrets of our travelling life. Turkey is a woderful place with many facinating places but as always the people are the highlight. They are very very hospitable and friendly even though we fought against them at Galipolli. Also the press Turkey receives in Australia is not warranted and it would be interesting how our perceptions would change if we received the good news stories as well!!!!
Mark



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb