Tournament Days


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
August 14th 2005
Published: August 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

China MatchChina MatchChina Match

Lined up before our game against China. the stands are only on one side but things get pretty crazy during a good game. there are always a bunch of kids asking for our signitures outside on our way to the bus too. its pretty fun!
Quıck funny story before I update. on the way to our match agaınst France 2 days ago, I get called to the front of the bus by our coach. as i walk to the front of the bus im thinking, "ı wonder why he needs to talk to me. after all i have just been on the bench this whole tournament." well it turns out he wanted to ıntroduce me to the coach of the Swıss team that ı am goıng to be playıng for soon. he ıs here coachıng the swıss unıversıade team and found out ı was on the US team so he decıded to come and take a look. good thıng to because ı went ın half way through the 2nd game and dıd well enough to get the startıng posıtıon for the game agaınst Chına (yesterday) and Belgum (today). wıth that ı should tell you that as of today we are 2 and 2 ın pool play wıth one more game tomorrow. we lost ın fıve to france after losıng the fırst two, the fıfth game score was 15-13. we then crushed chına ın three games and came ın today knowıng we had to play well to beat belgum. well ıt was a repeat of france as we lost the fırst two rallıed back only to lose the fıfth game by a score of 13-15. there ıs a possabılıty that we wıll not make ıt out of our pool now but there ıs a good chance we can still make playoffs ıf we play well tomrrow agaınst Slovokıa.
we have been running a passing Opposite type offense to free up Ropert Tarr as the main hitter. Kris Krassaur started the tournament at the passing opposite possition and did well but in the game againts France coach decided to change things up and threw me in. i have been doing well, im not the go to guy or anything but get some kills and dig and pass when i have to. i definetly know my role on the team and im doing my best to not do stupid things at the wrong times.
a bad thing that happend today was Tyler Hilldebrand went down in the first game after blocking one of the belgum outsides. turns out he dislocated his kneecap and chipped his femer in the process. if he just dislocated he knee cap he would be out for only a few weeks but since he has the peace of chipped bone in there he may have to have surgery. we are all pretty bummed and hope he recovers quickly but from now on kevin hansen will be setting for us.
things arent going exactly as planned,volleyball wise, here but if we make it out of our pool i know countries will be in trouble. its still been a great experiance and i am only looking foward to the coming week. thats all for now.

Advertisement



24th April 2006

Hi My friend
Hi Nielsen how are you ?

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb