Boat Cruise on the Mediterranean


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Kas
September 24th 2011
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today Susan and the rest of our group enjoyed a day on a small boat, cruising through a series of picturesque islands. After breakfast they drove to Kekova, where they boarded the local boat. The boat was owned by a family, who run these cruises. The husband and wife, along with their two children, accompanied the group, and cooked them a wonderful lunch on board. Along with barbecued chicken, there were lots of vegetarian dishes, and our friends in the group remarked how much I would have enjoyed it. I tried not to be too jealous when I heard about it later! Really it was fortunate that I could spend the day in bed in the hotel, because I don't know how I would have managed if it had been a travel day.

The cruise took them past the settlement of Ucagiz and the village of Simena, and they saw the submerged remains of old settlements. They swam off the boat, with the aid of floaties to begin with, but the water of the Mediterranean was so buoyant they found they didn't need them. The water was lovely and warm. Generally they all had a wonderful time, relaxing on board and enjoying the beautiful scenery. There was also an opportunity for shopping as the wife had various items for sale (jewellery and sarongs), which Susan took advantage of. She bought some bracelets and a sarong. There was also a woman selling things from her boat, which she rowed around to the tourist boats.

The group returned in the late afternoon, and went out for a nice dinner. Kars was a lovely town and we all enjoyed our time here (except for me being sick of course). We leave Kars tomorrow for our drive to Fethiye, stopping at Xanthos and Kayakoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb