4 Travel Myths In Which You Should Immediately Stop Believing – Know The Facts


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Antalya
February 26th 2016
Published: February 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Although there are many people who love to travel, you will be rather shocked to know the misconceptions about traveling which people believe in. If you can go through the comments under travel posts in travel blogs, you can get an idea of the large number of people who harbor a wrong notion that traveling is unsafe, expensive and impossible if you’re not rich. Too many people become cynical at the thought of traveling as they think that traveling can hurt their financial state and force them to spend more than what they can afford. If you too want to know some facts on traveling, it is necessary for you to do away with the traveling myths. Here are some myths associated with travelling.

1.Traveling is costly and you need a trust fund for it: They say, ‘there’s no free lunch in this world’ and hence everything will cost money. There can be no travel in this world which is free but the idea that most travelers hold after watching commercials and advertisements is that a fun vacation always has to be an expensive vacation. It is not true as you don’t need a high paying job or a trust
fund in order to travel. Thanks to the different tools and apps, it is nowadays easier to make a cheap trip.

2.Taking out credit cards are silly financial moves: People say that credit cards are silly financial moves but it is not so. When you use your credit cards properly, they can become extremely useful financial instruments and you can even earn thousands of miles per year that allow you to travel for free. Simply owning credit cards won’t send you into debt or cost you high rates. Know how to use them and what benefits to get from them.

3.Hitchhiking is not safe: The idea that hitchhiking is not safe dates back to the 1950s when the Federal Bureau of Investigation set a campaign to stop this practice as civil rights activists were hitchhiking. This idea was buried in the minds of the travelers as they thought that hiking can be dangerous and hikers are murderers. But hitchhiking is all about common sense and if you can practice it correctly, it can be fun.

4.Traveling is only for the single and young: There are too many people who think that traveling is best for the single
people and for the young. But this is not true. There are huge number of retirees and baby boomers who travel as compared to less number of single and young people. For traveling, age doesn’t matter and there are so many seniors backpacking throughout the world and driving RVs.

So, if you’re traveling to some destination, make sure you stop believing in the myths and start believing in the myths. IC Hotels Residence Antalya offers you enough luxurious facilities and you can take a look at their website before traveling to the destination.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb