Driving to Antalya, Turkey


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Antalya
April 16th 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What could be better than waking up to breakfast on the beach? We sipped our Turkish tea and planned our day while soaking up the sun and enjoying the view. We then packed up the car and drove into the town to explore Fethiye a bit before we leave. We spot some ruins carved into the mountain that bordered the back of the town. We park the car, walk up a tiny street and find some old stairs leading to right to these old structures built 6000 years ago! The view of the city and harbor below is stunning and we feel very fortunate to be the only ones in the world to be standing in this spot at this moment.
After lunch and some shopping we head south toward Antalya. The drive is through the mountains and is some of the best scenery we have seen on this trip. The landscape changes dramatically every 1000 feet or so. Amazingly some areas we drove thru reminded us of the Sierras in California.
There was quite a bit of road construction once we reached Antalya. However, we made our way to the old Roman Marina and found a nice old hotel. Amazingly we were the only guest at this place and it is right on the water. We walked around town, got some dinner, and then walked around some more. The view over Mediterranean Sea is just breathtaking.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb