Travel to Turkey


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
June 23rd 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 13


Day 13 was a day of travel. Starting off with a 6 AM departure from Hurghada and of course of breakfast boxes weren't ready. I mean we made the request and we were on the list, but execution seems to be a bit of a problem in Egypt. We were both ready to leave. 2 weeks in Egypt is plenty. It is a great place to visit but also great place to leave.

We had to travel through Cairo to get to Istanbul Turkey and from Cairo to Istanbul we were on different flights. Cairo has a great new airport, but they seemed to miss a few things in the planning stage. Things like a transfer desk might have been taken into consideration. As Chester was going to Egypt Air to Turkish Airlines she had to go completely outside and back in to get to Turkish Airlines counter. This meant going through 3 more sets of security.

Our hotel in Istanbul is nice. Seems to be in an active area so we will get out tonight and try some of the local cuisine.

Hotel has internet so got a chance to upload the pictures for Day 3-11. So make sure you check them out.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb