Istanbul, Turkey..


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
April 11th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

istanbul


Should not be any problem to find Istanbul for a pin.

We had a private tour with driver and a wonderful English-speaking guide named Attila. We have been here before, but Granny Lynne had a “flu bug” then and she didn't get to see the famous Blue Mosque, so that was our first stop.

Then we did another Mosque, the Hippodrome and the palace.

Mosques are churches of the Islamic religion, which is the principal religion of Turkey. They are all domed and have one or more tall towers called minarets.

After the tour Atilla took us to lunch in a very nice Turkish restaurant where we ate a delightful lunch of typical Turkish foods.

I am attaching pictures of the Blue Mosque and the palace.

Turkey is where tulips came from originally. Everyone thinks they originated in Holland, but the Turks sold tulips to the Dutch in the 16th century to get them started in the tulip business.

Today the city is covered in tulips but my photo is not very good and doesn't do them justice.

Turkey is not an Arab country but a European country.

The city of Istanbul is not the capital (Ankara) but is the largest city in Turkey. Half of the city is in Asia and the other half is in Europe. A bridge connects the two continents.

We like Turkey and the Turks and they are good friends of the USA.

Off to Greece now.

First stop is Mykanos, and you will probably have trouble finding it on the map, but I will leave the Spot Tracker on and maybe that will help you get close.

Love to all of you. Granddaddy and Granny Lynne


Please click on the links below for the tracking map, the Queen Victoria Bridge webcam and the Queen Victoria tracking map.

Chuck and Lynne's Satellite Tracking Map

Webcam on the Bridge of the Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria GPS Tracking Map




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb