Olu Deniz -- A day at the beach


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
August 10th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After we left the gulet, we spent about a day and a half at a beach "resort" called Sugar Beach Club. As resorts go it was pretty low tech -- small cabins, an open-air bar/restaraunt, beach chairs, and beach. The water was shallow and We were hopeful about some fun activities (like a beginner scuba course or a jeep safari) but for one reason or another everything got cancelled, so we saved a lot of money and went hiking instead. Unfortunately nobody at the resort could tell us exactly where to find the trail (it was supposed to go to an abandoned village, then to an actual town where you could catch a bus back to the club) and of course we missed the blazes and went off in the wrong direction. Eventually we did actually find the blazes (after a couple of miles) but by then we weren't sure we wanted to risk walking 2 more miles away from home, not knowing where we'd end up. So instead we followed the blazes back home. We did find one abandoned cistern, which was fun, and some very nice views of the lagoon. Overall it was a hot, steep 4 hour hike, especially with a 7-year-old, who was very good about it (we had promised her swimming, playground, AND a chocolate milkshake if she was a good sport).

Well, we are not really beach people either, it seems.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb