Jetlagged but happy


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey everybody!
its nadia writing faithfully at rougly 11 oclock pm. Its our third day here. The flights were a pain and i was totally jet lagged at cranky but its getting better. Yesterday we took a boat tour of the city. i fell madly in love with one of the guys on the boat. his name is Isaac and he so cute. i sat with him the whole way there. did i mention hes three years old and adorable? this russian kid would giggle for hours when imade funny faces. i eventually settled on doing cheer facials and he wouldnt stop hiccuping!

The river that flows along Istanbul is extremely busy because its the only way to get to Russia by water without going through the north (icebergs!) Its really pretty. its colorful. all the houses are painted pretty blues/yellows or pinks. Then we came home and almost dropped dead cause we were so tired! I have to share a fairly (okay who am i kidding? its puny) room with my brother. For those of you who have had to share a bed with a sibling i feel bad for you. if you havent dont. Today we took the subway (Turkey is actually really modern. well comparerd to other countries of their class anyway!) and heres some turkey words! Giris means entrance and Cikis means exit. we are staying in a very nice guesthouse run by a turkish family. the older girl (about 25 im guessing) can speak english pretty well and her 16 yr old brother is learning. we have fresh fruit and boiled eggs for breakfast. they offered me orange juice so i immediately look for the tropicana in the shared fridge. they got all embarrassed and said that they were sorry but the only juice they had was fresh squeezed. I tried to tell them wow thats great but i htink they think i insulted them!!

So anyway. the turks here idolize certain stars. their current comedian is a guy whose name i cant pronounce but is the friggen dave chappelle of le turkey. The other guy is this actor who is a tanned version of dr shepard from greys anatomy. or as i call him (among many others) dr mcdreamy.

They officially have the coolest garbage cans here. (im feeling compelled to mention them!) they are like 1.5 ft tall coke/iced tea/pepsi cans that you open and drop your stuff in!

Anyway so i have to go soon. ill have this blog thing sorted out cause were meeting my cousins and they have one so theyll be able to help!!!

Tons of love and im missing you guys like crazy!
as the 16 yr old kid said (trying to be american)

Catcha on the flip side
(well okay he said caaatchyea on de fleep side but whatever!)
xoxo
N

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb