Europe to Asia and back


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Beşiktaş
May 3rd 2014
Published: May 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we had breakfast in Europe....Lunch in Asia....and Dinner back in Europe! :-))). We took a bus down to Besiktas And caught the ferry across the Bosphorus to the Asian side of Istanbul. It was a glorious sunny day with big white fluffy clouds in the sky....the views back to the shore along the coast were amazing.

The Dolmabalce Palace, the Galata Tower, Topkai Palace, Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque ....all seen from a new prospective. We also passed the Leander's or Maiden's Tower ( Turkish Name ) an 18th century tower which has served as a lighthouse, a custom's control point and a maritime toll gate.

Our docking point was Kadikoy which is 7th century and located near the Scutarion Palace which was the starting point of Byzantine trade Routes through Asia. We wandered the winding streets through shops, coffee vendors, market places and Antique Stores. After a delicious grilled lunch and Tea we visited a few Antique Shops and wandered the market area.

The ferry ride home was very crowded but our tails were all dragging so we sat and enjoyed the ride . Today I will let the Photos taken by Peter and Shannon do the talking ....they will tell the story.

Peter grilled us veggies and Haloumi cheese with his special fried rice for dinner....movie tonight was Philomena with Dame Judy Dench. Perfect ending to a wonderful day. Goodnight from Istanbul.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb