A crazy few days


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia
May 12th 2007
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Its been a manic few days.

Left Kusadasi on Thursday and went to Pumakalle. This is a place with calcium terraces. Very cool. Stopped on the way at a hotel with thermal mud pools and a great pool. Was wonderful. Excellent lunch too.

Then had to catch local buses to Egirdir. This was an experience and a half. Got one bus to the bus station at a place called Denizli and then had to wait an hour and a half for the next bus. We were the only foreigners there. Almost missed the bus as the bus company was using another companies bus and the sign on the bus said somewhere else. Luckily we got on just in time. Local buses in Turkey are amazing. They have someone serving drinks including tea and coffee. Our guy spoke to us the whole time as he wanted to practice his English.

Overnight in Egirdir and the on to Capadoccia with a stop in Konya on the way. Konya is famous
for the whirling dervishes.

Capodoccia is just amazing. You have to see it to believe it. Amazing rock formations and cave houses.

Went to Turkish night last night which is in a cave restaurant. Great food, whirling dervishes, belly dancers and Turkish dancers. One of the belly dancers was a male and he was just amazing.

Today we did a tour including an underground city with 8 levels that housed 5,000 people in times of war. Also visited a cave monastery and did a 3km walk. Was a great day but very tiring. It is raining now but luckily the hostel put on barbecue so we didn't have to go out for dinner. Off to bed now as totally exhausted and we are both sick with colds. Bye for now.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb