Pamukkale


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Pamukkale
September 28th 2011
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Several busy days, and each is seeming to be better than the last. This morning, we got up and went for a run around Pamukkale and through the country. It's a cute little town up in the mountains with phenomenal views. On my way back to town, I even got stuck following a camel for a while. After we got ready for the day, we headed up to the travertines and ruins. We had met this American guy the night before whom we were avoiding, and he just so happened to be headed up at the same time we were, so we had to do some sneaking to get past him. He was nice, but a little obnoxious and wanted to tour the ruins together as well as meet up when we were all going to be in cappadocia. So, a lot of our day was spent trying to hide from this overly friendly character. Other than that, it was a really relaxing day. We climbed up the travertine hill and toured the ruins. The Cleopatra pool(ancient pool in hieropolis) looked interesting, but it had warnings about dangerous levels of radioactivity in it, and cost 20TL to get in, so we decided just to go to the travertine pools for the afternoon. The pictures of those pools just don’t do them justice. It’s one of the prettiest places I’ve ever been. After an afternoon of soaking up the sun and swimming, we headed down to town for dinner and to catch the night bus to Capadoccia. It’s currently 5am, and I’ve hardly slept, developed a sore throat and runny nose, and I have a sunburn. All in all, not the best night, but yesterday was great. I’m sure when the sun comes up and we arrive in Capadoccia, this crappy 11 hour bus ride will all be worth it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb