Kusadasi


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Kusadasi
June 21st 2015
Published: June 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Thursday saw the Island Princess docking at the Port of Kusadasi. We had decided that we wouldn't do a tour in Kusadasi as there wasn't too much that we wanted to do, so because we didn't dock until after lunch, we decided to just hit the markets. Well, three of us did anyway. Ginna decided that he would relax on the deck by the pool with a book and watch a bit of ice sculpting.

Karen, Dave and I headed out to the 'ship recommended shops' and took a look around. We discovered that the leather in these shops were equally as good as in Italy and the prices were even better. After a fantastic lunch of a shared kebab - unlike anything we had ever seen in New Zealand, we lost another man! Dave headed back to the boat, while Karen and I went shopping. Karen is a demon at getting a good price and managed to secure some bargains for both of us. We decided not to push the bank balances too far and headed back to the boat for a well deserved cocktail or seven!

Although a tiny place compared to Istanbul, the people seemed to be much friendlier and we left Turkey feeling a bit better about our visits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb