A4 Travel Blog 4


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the dominant religion in Syria, and how does this faith differ from Christianity?

In this website, the World Factbook covers different topics of Syria. They have an introduction that explains how Syria went from being dominated by the Ottoman Empire to becoming an independent state. Syria is located in the Middle East and it is bordered by Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, and Jordan. The World Factbook has a header that talks about the government. It states that Syria is a republic. America is a democracy which means that the french might have had an affect on Syria because they are the ones that made Syria independent. The capital is Damascus.

Syria has a few different religions. Sunni Muslim is the dominant religion but there are also different types of Muslims. There are also small some Christians that are located in different communities such as Damascus and Aleppo. The difference between the Muslim beliefs and the Christian beliefs is that they only believe in god to be the most supreme. In Muslim language, god is called Allah. They also believe in Muhammad to be his only prophet. There are some similarities between both religions. For example, both of them are monotheistic religions and they believe in god to be the supreme one.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb