Emergence


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria
January 13th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Said our goodbyes to Ahmed and the boys and rolled on.

Today we had the aim of reaching Palmyra a famous roman ruins sight. To do this we had to punch out 100km. We were both up to it and feelng good after a great nights sleep.

At sometime during the day Spectacle claimed he would eat a kilogram of Backlava upon reaching Palmyra. I reckoned I could rise to the challenge so layed my bets on the table. The Backlava challenge of Syria was on.

After a good days ride we reached Palmyra in the early afternoon. It felt pretty good to have hammered out the 100km in about 5-6 hours in the saddle.

Got some digs and went on the hunt for some Backlava. We soon found a worthy shop and loaded up.

Ate Backlava for the next couple of hours.
After the first half hour we were feeling good. We soon got into a smooth rythym of eat eat drink, eat eat drink. We drove on and on. After each stomach rumble and murmur of defeat we consolodated and spurred ourselves onto greater heights.
Nah thats bullshit.
We just ate like fat bloated pigs!

Felt sick for the next couple of hours and to this day (now the middle of feb) cant eat Backlava, I think I might have scarred myself for life!

Slept soundly after a testing day. The testing part being the Backlava eating.

Tomorrow off to see the sights.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb