Leaving Palmira to Damascus


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria » South » Damascus
April 21st 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up very early to take advantage of the early light to take some more photos. However, it was so windy there was too much dust in the air. No photos! We had breakfast and then got on our way to Damascus. Once out in middle of nowhere, Al decided he wanted us to drive the car and he would film us driving, so, we got off the paved road and in a middle of desert, where it was flat as far as you could see that was fun being out there driving around. When Lisa took the wheel, she was doing doughnuts and kicking up lots of dust. We had a great time getting dusty. Again we had the same issue with road signs, either there were none or when we spotted one, it was very hard to decipher which way it was pointing. Luckily, we are used to this by now. We quickly found a hotel and grabbed l some lunch. Al and Mo then went to get the car oil changed. We later went to explore the local bazaar and visited the local mosque. Yes Lisa had to be covered from head to toe!!!! I got photos!!
Great day I got up early and ran up to the castle, great run and a breath taking view of ruins, city and sun rise.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb