Catching Up From Aleppo!


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria » North » Aleppo
July 26th 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody!

We're so sorry for the long delay in updating, but we've been getting our travel on and so internet has been few and far between. Last weekend we went to Palmyra and hung out with some Bedouins and their camels. Last week we finished the Arabic course and ran wild through the souq and restaurants and up Mount Qaysioun to watch the sunset.

Then we celebrated our new freedom from Arabic lessons by jumping on a bus with some friends and heading for Hama, where a driver in a 1950s Pontiac took us roaring along the sides of the central-eastern mountains at 100 km/h. He only slowed down long enough for us to see an Assassin castle and a Byzantine monastery, and then to cap it off with 3 hours at Krak des Chevaliers and a grilled chicken dinner overlooking the "Homs Gap", the valley that separated the Crusader coast from the Muslim interior during the Crusades.

And today we are in Alepp, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and medieval trading city. Jordan has already bought another scarf.

There's an internet cafe here and we'll still be here tomorrow, so if we can get pictures to work they'll start coming then. Bear with us! We're on the home stretch.

Love,
Jordan and Leah

Advertisement



27th July 2009

VrooooOOooom
Whoa! That sounds amazing. Can't wait to read the next one.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb