Entering Syria


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria » North » Aleppo
April 18th 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Drove to the Syrian border.
After many smoke filled rooms, paper work and questioning we were given permission to enter Syria. It got dark during our hour drive to Hama Syria. The roads were rough, the traffic was insane and the signs were all in arabic. It’s worth mentioning that the maps for this trip are in Al’s lost bag. There for we had to buy new maps in Italy. So… we are three people who combined speak English and Farsi trying to read aerobic street signs in the dark using an Italian map. Wow. Eventually, believe it or not, we did find a pretty neat old place. They tell us Agatha Christy once stayed in the room Lisa slept in which seems just random enough to be true. I got Lisa to take a photo with the president of Syria ( his poster at the border), Yehhhhh, and yes, we got questioned by the authorities why and what we were going to do with the photo. I said that since I love this guy so much I was taking the photos to put on my desk, lucky for me he went for it!!!!
After we check in the hotel Lisa was so over stimulated she couldn’t take anymore so she went straight to bed. Mo and Al hit the streets for some late night shopping and bought some tailored pants for near nothing.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb