Qatar Road Trip


Advertisement
Qatar's flag
Middle East » Qatar
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Qatar Road Trip

 Middle East » Qatar By Sal Gav
April 29th 2007
Sal & Gav Newnham
This weekend was a DOOZIE!!! You should SEE what this country has to offer!!! Words simply cannot describe the variety, beauty and excitement of the landscape of Qatar...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

On the Road to Al KhorOn the Road to Al Khor
On the Road to Al Khor

We set out at around midday, and headed north to the satellite city of Al Khor. The scenery was quite bedazzling as you can see from this shot taken en route..
Stunning Scenery Heading NorthStunning Scenery Heading North
Stunning Scenery Heading North

We just couldn't believe that this kind of natural beauty was available to us, just minutes out of the modern city of Doha.
The Town of SumaysimaThe Town of Sumaysima
The Town of Sumaysima

Passing the town of Sumaysima, we marvelled at the unparallelled real estate opportunities that this country has to offer.
Destination Ras LaffanDestination Ras Laffan
Destination Ras Laffan

We were rendered speechless in the Disco, our eyes boggling at the sheer variety of landscape passing us by, kilometer after kilometer after unspoilt kilometer...
Camels in the DistanceCamels in the Distance
Camels in the Distance

The wildlife was trully awe-inspiring! Look how close you can get to nature in this beautiful, bountiful life-giving country!
Resort at Al GharyaResort at Al Gharya
Resort at Al Gharya

Oh what we wouldn't give for a romantic weekend away at this stunning beachside resort! Plenty of treasures to be found in the sand (cans, plastic bags & cigarette butts galore), a daytime watchman to ensure that no cheeky little buggers scramble through holes in the barbed wire fence, and hot hot water in abundance to be enjoyed under the searing sun.
Qatari Archaeological SitesQatari Archaeological Sites
Qatari Archaeological Sites

The site is actually something of a ruin, but climbing around and exploring was great fun. There were no doors as such...so entry was free of charge!
Ras Laffan Here We Come!Ras Laffan Here We Come!
Ras Laffan Here We Come!

The excitement mounted as we could 'sense' our approach to something special...the heady fumes of Qatar's natural gas supplies at the Ras Laffan Industrial City...
The Tower of LIfeThe Tower of LIfe
The Tower of LIfe

And there it was...Spectacular! Access without authorisation was strictly prohibited, but GOLLY! the journey was worth the visit.


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb