Bit of a fall


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
February 6th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 6:

We spent the morning walking around looking at Muscat. We saw the sultans palace, some forts by the sea and then went to a small local museum which had some interesting displays and old photos of Oman from the 70’s. We then decided to walk to the souk, it was miles and ended up getting a taxi, we had a large glass of fresh mango juice and then did some shopping before stopping for Falafal for lunch. We headed back to the dive centre and chilled out before our dives.

The first dive we did in the afternoon was Mermaid Cove (same as our first dive). More moray eels, nudibrancs, porcupine fish and little rays.

Our second dive was a night dive, lion fish, free swimming morays, lots of urchins, a crayfish and some weird sea cucumbers highlighted the dive. I played with the phosphorescence a lot to!

We then had showers and changed for dinner. I realised I left my camera at the dive centre so hunted down someone to open it up again for me. Mummy decided to wiz around a corner and fell down splat on her knees, tripping over a pipe. It was very dramatic and her knees and feet were grazed lots, she ripped her trousers at the knees. Ouch. After grabbing various lotions and potions to help sooth the knees I found a man with a key and retrieved the camera. We then had dinner, fish with mash and rice. Yummy! We then decided to collapse in our room after a dramatic day! Mummy obviously needed lots of tea to help her revive!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 87; dbt: 0.1014s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb