The Red Sea - ahhhhhh


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel
January 8th 2016
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.0461, 34.8516

We left Wadi Rum early and arrived in Aqaba by 9:30am. Checked in, quick shower after a day and night in the desert and off to walk around Aqaba and spent some time on the beach.
Aqaba is on the Red Sea directly opposite Eilat in Israel. You could walk across to Israel if you wanted to deal with the border control. Wandering around with Hannah and Sean, two of our group who also chose to stay ashore ( the others went out on a boat) we stopped at a sweets shop and bought baclava called Fish Mouth and another tasty treat made with honey and cheese. We saved the baclava for the beach but ate the other and then bought street food for lunch. Yummy trangles filled with spinach and onion, one with sweet potato and one with cheese and oregano. After a bit more exploring we headed to the public beach. Not the best spot but we had been warned so were not surprised. Hannah was wearing shorts and young boys here don't see female flesh so stare a lot and some make rude comments. Odd considering this is a beach resort but most tourists stick to the hotels with beach access. We stayed until it started getting overcast and headed back to the hotel and coffee nearby.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb