Whos ur Daddy?


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District
May 31st 2015
Published: June 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After many hours of traveling we touched down in Tel Aviv and were greeted at passport control with questions such as; whats your fathers name? Although odd we flew thru customs to the Deborah hotel and went to explore the beaches of Tel Aviv. Amid the large stretches of sand and hundreds of people enjoying outdoor activities we had our 1st falafel lunch. Later we met our tour group of 7 including us and enjoyed a dinner on the beach. Our group included a tech from the US who lives in Canada, a German tax guy, a Swiss operations start up, a Australian travel agent, a pharmacist from North Carolina and us. It didn’t take long to see we would all be fast friends. And in the morning it began ..we toured Jaffa and the port before heading to Nazareth. We peeked at St Peters church and took pictures of Simon the tanners home , because it was Saturday most of the shops were closed and we wandered the quiet town. We dipped our feet in the Mediterranean sea at Cesaeria with remains of aqueducts shading us in the background. After we stopped in the town of Akko to view the Al Jazzar Mosque and the Knights halls a wonderful museum that tells the stories of the Ottoman Turks, the Crusaders and the Mamluks . All fierce warriors that reigned here at one time. Hare in Akko we learned that everyone from the Turks to the Israelis to the English have been here. In 1994 a tunnel was accidentally found during some plumbing work that is now believed to have connected the palace to the port a escape route? Possibly. And so began the whirlwind tour through Israel, so much history and sights to see in a jam packed tour of one night stays in each town.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb