The Final Week


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Be'er Sheva
July 18th 2011
Published: July 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

A DolemA DolemA Dolem

Golan
The other day we went on an underground tunnel tour beneath western wall. It was very interesting to do. The tuneless were discovered by one of the first biblical archeologist Charles Warren. I was shocked to see that the western wall was mostly under ground. My two favorite parts were the spot were you could see the two rocks Charles Warren removed when he tried to escape when he trapped in the Tunnels. my other was the spot were people pray above people were praying underground below . We saw how big the rocks used to make the wall and they were huge! It was like 100 feet wide! Crazy hu?!?


The other day we went to the north of Israel here are some of the things we did while we were there.
First was Gomla which is in the Golan heights which is the farthest north you can go from Israel without running into Syria.

Gomla is a really cool place with lots of gryphon vultures and other types of birds. It has some really amazing ruins that are on a giant hill which gives them their name Gomla which translates into Camel
Because it looks a lot like a camel's hump. There was dolmens there too. A dolmen looks a lot like a tinier version of the rock at stone hedge. It was used as a burial tomb for the Celtics.
Gomla was the last zohar stronghold after Masada. Also in Gomla we took an hour and a half hike to see the biggest waterfall in Israel. It was really amazing because all around it was brown and then where it was, was surrounded by green and giant pink flowers.


After Gomla we drove through a drew village that use to belong to Syria named Majdal AL-shams. We also saw the Syrian boarder.

Finally we walked around a city were many of the mystics are said to be. There we went in about three or four old synagogs. Many of the roofs are painted sky blue so the synagog will be closer to the heavens.

This is my final blog entry I hope you like my blog.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

GomlaGomla
Gomla

Known as the "Massada of the North"


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb