Buses bombs ans a whole lot of fun.


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Be'er Sheva
February 14th 2011
Published: February 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After my family and I arrived in Israel, we went on a tour with other families who had gotten Fulbright’s like my father. We were on the bus for two days stopping at a hotel along the way. We first drove through Mount Carmel. It was simply fantastic! It felt like we were driving through a mythical mountain with trolls and elves just like in fairy tales. It was breath taking and I could see for that moment why endless generations of people fought for it. We then saw where the fire had been. It was heart breaking. All the trees were charcoaled or burnt and everything was black. All that green - wonderful mythical green - turned black. It was not a friendly black like a velvety night sky twinkling with stars - it was a cold, dark black that reeked of death and destruction. But life goes on and so did the bus.
We kept traveling until (on a big highway leading onto a roundabout) the bus was stopped. All the cars were backing out, but the bus could not, for it was much too big. We had front row seats for what happened next. There was a big red thermos sitting on the side of the road about 50 feet from us. The bomb squad was around it (they had thought it was a bomb!) Traffic was starting to build up and we all waited in suspense. Everyone around me held their breath and we crowded up to the head of the bus to see what was going on. The driver informed us that they were going to blow up the thermos using a little robot. We all waited ant then suddenly…BOOM!!!! And the bus drove on. Until next time, dear readers.


Advertisement



15th February 2011

emmy
dear emily this is zoe sheppard your cousine, like u didd'nt already know that. Israel sounds like lots of fun i missss u soooo much. luv ya-zoe
20th February 2011

I'm fascinated!
Hi Emulee - I am already hooked on your blog after just one entry. Your descriptions are wonderful. Will you stay in contact with the other Fulbright families? Have you made any friends your age yet? How do you think this experience will change you? We miss you guys so much -- but I can't wait to hear more about your new (6 month) home. -- Emma's mom

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb