Israel Day 2


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District » Tiberias
April 27th 2017
Published: April 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we started the day with a great breakfast then a drive to the Mediteranian today to see more of Israel.

Visiting Caesarea where Herod created a port. The firat stop was to see the aquiduct created to bring water from the springs 10 miles away. The Crusaders built on the ruins of the Roman and Muslim work. You can see the excavation going on and some of the finds... A 2000 year old hot tub and mosaic floors from Roman times.

Chicken and falafel with salad for lunch today at a restaurant ree ant run by a Druz family. It was authentic and very tasty.

We visited Mount Carmel where the Prophet Elijah proved that GOD was the one GOD and B'ail was nothing. Then killed all the prophets of the false gods. It is a beautiful view.

We saw a small tomb with a stone that rolls in front to close it. We have picture a small example.

Visited Megiddo, or the site of King Solomons palace on the hill. The army and administration along with the King lived on the top of a hill. Later King H. Occupied it and before he was under siege by another army he hid the spring, which was outside the wall at the bottom of the hill. He dug a tunnel from the top to the well. We walked down and out that way.

The were up to 24 different civilizations that occupied this place.

Our final stop was at the church of the Annunciation. This is the place where the Angel of GOD visited Mary to announce that she will become pregnant with Jesus. They are reasonably sure of the location because of the spring of Nazereth. We descended into a small Greek Orthodox church, then down steps into a very small church from the crusades, and finally into a tiny church built in the fifth century right over the spring.

On the way back to the hotel we passed by the churches that commemorate Jesus's first miracle, turning water into wine. Sorry no pictures. One was Greek Orthodox. The other was Catholic.

Last night in Tiberias, tomorrow morning we checkout and head for Jerusalem.







Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb