Slicha!?!?!?! Labane?!?!?!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District » Acre
May 4th 2007
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Said Humous in Akko, a place to never forget



Guy en Morit had decided not to come with us to the south to Petra, so we decided to stay a day or two more to spent their weekend together on Friday and Saturday. Instead we went to the north, to the old town of Akko.

Quite some history in this town, It's been in hands of Alexander the Great, the Egyptian Ptolemites, the Syrian Seleucids, the Arabs, the Crusaders, the Mamluks, and Al-Jazzar, who's decrees shaped the Old Akko as it exist today.
These days the Old Akko is left in the Arab hands by the Jews. It's a beautyfull little town at the Mediterranean Sea, still surrounded by city walls.

After a few hours drive from Tel Aviv, the first thing Guy took us when entering Akko was have luch at Said Humous, OFCOURSE. We were not that hungry cause on the way we had to stop for a tasty 8 shekkel burger, but ok, if Guy says Said Humous has the best Humous in Israel, how can we refuse.. And it was good, yes, but according to Claudio still every Humous tastes the same :o)
But then there were pitted olives too, and unfortunately eating these made Claudio to leave a piece of his tooth to Said Humous (or actually, he swallowed it..)
The actual eating plan was to find Labane, cause that's supposed to be very good in Akko too, but in some way Humous has the characteristic of leaving not too much space left in the stomach. But maybe later.

We had to but a ticket to enter the tunnel, so we might as well pay some extra so we could also enter the knights hall. The tunnel left us a bit with the 'was-this-all? feeling' but in the knight hall, inside the Templars Fortress, we got to go through another tunnel which was certainly more of an experience. The Templars Fortress was quite a big castle built inside Akko, with huge underground halls and tunnels.

The day ended with a sunset coffe at the ruins of Cesarea, that ofcourse another historical pile of rocks!













Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb