A Day in Jerusalem


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

During the holidays we spent a day in the old city of Jerusalem. We stopped on the way in the forest at a goat farm and bought some bread and cheese. Jerusalem was beautiful as always but a bit crowded because of the Jewish and Muslim holidays and lots of tourists. So we left the alleys of the old city and made a complete circuit of the city on the outside. There were hardly any people on the road and we had a nice long, leisurely walk around the old city walls. The weather was beautiful and the air was fresh and cool after the humidity of Tel Aviv. We were walking around for about 4 hours by then with only a few short stops for refreshments -- mint tea and date juice -- and we were getting hungry. On the way out of Jerusalem we stopped in Ein Kerem and had kebab, tehina, humous and koubah (with mince meat and pine nuts -- delicious). And that was the end of a very nice day.

There is a lot to see and do in Jerusalem and we plan to come back and spend two or three days there at the end of the month. I am posting photos of Jerusalem and two photos from a trip to Haifa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb