From China and back to Jerualem


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday morning after flying around the world we finally arrived at home at 4:00 am. We slept till 11 and woke to the barking of our dogs at which Jeff and I looked at each other and said "were home!" .

I am suprized to say that I feel very disorented. The lack of housing complexes neatly lined up for miles, the view of blue skies and the ability to understand the vast amount of conversations that are surrounding us as we eat at the local cafe are very overwhelming. I feel as if Scotty from star treck just beemed me back to the star ship.

So being back on board , the laundry is waiting, the dogs need to be walked and dinner made. oh and I still have that paper for university to write.

My feelings are best described by Charles Baudelaire "

" For the perfect idler, for the passionate observer it becomes an immense source of enjoyment to establish his dwelling in the throng, in the ebb and flow, the bustle, the fleeting and the infinite. To be away from home and yet to feel at home anywhere; to see the world, to be at the very center of the world, and yet to be unseen of the world, such are some of the minor pleasures of those independent, intense and impartial spirits, who do not lend themselves easily to linguistic definitions. The observer is a prince enjoying his incognito wherever he goes."


Advertisement



22nd September 2008

Charles Baudelaire? Brenda, is that you? Since when have you become so esoteric? Where did you come upon this quote? i am quite impressed So so so so happy to have you back, among the chosen people Your biggest fan, Mich
22nd September 2008

Welcome home , we missed you. Can't wait to hear about it all in person.

Tot: 0.496s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 94; dbt: 0.2319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb