Taji


Advertisement
Iraq's flag
Middle East » Iraq
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just got back from Al Taji. Spend the 17th to the morning of the 19th there. Al Taji Army Airfield is located approximately 27 kilometers Northwest of downtown Baghdad, at the town of Taji. There is a lot of enermy activit outside the wire. The first night there mortors were coming in and going out. The facility is massive as you see in the photos there is also a grave yard for hundreds of Iraqi takes and Artillery from Saudams regime. On the way back from Taji I got to see some of the country side from a Blackhawk. I hope you enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

CHU (Cantainer Housing Unit)CHU (Cantainer Housing Unit)
CHU (Cantainer Housing Unit)

These are two person housing units on Taji. I stayed in this one while there. They are much better then my four person room I'm in at Balad.
The bone yardThe bone yard
The bone yard

This a grave yard of Saddam's former army. There are hundreds of tanks, mortors and other stuff of war baking in the sun.
Mercenaries Mercenaries
Mercenaries

Contractors preparing to roll out.
Eye in the skyEye in the sky
Eye in the sky

This blimp has a camera attached for force protection purposes. There have been several aggressive acts against post and it acts as a deterrent .
ConvoyConvoy
Convoy

This is a convoy I was following which was on there way out. I wasn't going with them though.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb