TEHRAN 2


Advertisement
Iran's flag
Middle East » Iran » North » Tehran
September 6th 2016
Published: September 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

TEHRAN REST DAY 1. 6 September, 2016.
Today is a rest day, however everyone is programmed to be up at 5 am, so the hotel restaurant was full of riders at 7am. Breakfast wasn't worth the effort. I am disappointed with the Iranian food I have eaten, only one good meal to date. Not as varied or as tasty as I was hoping!
Today walked to the Tehran Bazaar, the oldest here, was expecting something like the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. Firstly it was difficult to find, they are constructing a train station in front of the entrance so wandered aimlessly for an hour, until finally finding an unassuming ally which I by chance walked down. The building contains numerous stalls, but is not remotely colourful or bustling and was under whelming. It was a long walk so took a taxi back to hotel. Taxis are very cheap. Around a corner near the hotel were stalls similar to the type I was hopeful of finding at the bazaar!!
Later walked to a coffee shop that was recommended and had a satisfying coffee/milkshake/ carrot cake. Not Iranian but tasty! On the return came upon a bakery with a magical sweet cakes and slices array. Unfortunately no were to sit, nor did it sell drinks. Will return tomorrow for a taste test. Will also seek out tomorrow the US Embassy ransacked in the 1979 revolution. Not sure what I will find for an evening meal. It is dry and hot here and a beer would be welcomed, but unfortunately not available. The non alcoholic 'Malts' I have been told are unsatisfying.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.371s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb