Happy Holidays update


Advertisement
Bahrain's flag
Middle East » Bahrain
December 24th 2008
Published: December 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

reunionreunionreunion

hanging out in a mall parking lot of course!
Hey all, here's a quick note to let you know what's up and wish you a happy 2009.

Yes, we are way behind on the blog. Lack of laptop and slow/absent/expensive internet opportunties are just some of the lame excuses we have.

We left India on December 12th and spent a short but wonderful 10 days in Pakistan.

We are both doing well. In fact, putting back on some weight that we had both lost in the course of various aliments over the past 3 months.

We are enjoying a reunion with Laura's sister, Lisa, and her boyfriend, Mark, here in Bahrain.

Mark's parents have been living and working here for the past 12 years. They have been wonderful hosts, showing us around and feeding us home cooked meals!

The Kingdom of Bahrain is very multicultural and very suburban. There are workers (labourers, teachers, engineers, etc.) from all over the world here. A car is essential and malls appear to offer the main activity: shopping. The weather is nice, cool at night and warm, sunny and dry during the day.

Originally we had planned to go from Bahrain to Iran, but we are currently working on another plan as our Iranian visas were not approved. We are in appeal, but we are under deadline to make a decision about our next stop. North Africa looks likely.

Hope this message finds you all warm and healthy. Happy Holidays!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.2256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb