Siena tomorrow


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
May 7th 2005
Published: May 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi from Les
Just a quick bit of information: speaking of bus drivers, etc. If you want to take a bus out of Rome, go to the Tiburtina station. Do NOT expect to get anyone on the phone, and expect to take a while to find the buses. The bus station is across the street from the Tiburtina station, and the companies don't seem to be related to the Rome transportation system, so they don't get much attention and don't seem to publish much information. It has taken us half a day to sort all of this out, but we've managed to purchase our tickets for tomorrow, in advance, and know how to get to the station now. Glad we sorted it out today without all of our luggage in tow!
We forgot to mention the security here. Especially around the Vatican, police, in uniform and in black suits, all over. Every time we go into any of the buildings, we must go through a security-metal detector thing just like the airports. Can't imagine what it's doing to our camera film.

We'll post again from Siena, once we find the IT spot.

FYI, gelato is very rich ice cream with intense flavours. The chocolate is to die for. We haven't been disappointed yet with any flavours. Good idea to ask "quanto costa" before ordering, though. The prices vary a lot, from 1,50 euro to 3,00 euro for the same amount.

Les

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb