Rome


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
January 12th 2006
Published: January 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

If you walked through those doors by foot you would have all your sins forgiven! Sweet as lets go! Then the guide tells us they had been sealed up after the holy year, bugger!

Day 1- i left the hostel & walked to the republica cabic fountain, then to the colocca tranian ( huge pilla with a dude on top), the monumento avittrio emenuele 2nd, the arcodi titi & palatina (all the ruins, excavated and left as is, 1000;s of years old), the colosseum , Bloody impressive). That night i went out for pizza in 1 of the million pezziera's, tasty.

Day2- I cought the metro to the vatican, i walked into the courtyard & a lad asked me if i wanted to go on a free english tour of the bisilica, i luv that word free!
Now i tell ya this cathedral was bloody huge, gold, marble, mosaics & statues everywhere! so i got the tour, listined into a mass for a bit, rubbed saint pete's foot for a wish and went for a bit more of a look around.

then i walked around past the castle sant angelo, over the river, through the pizza novon to the patheon ( big circular church thing), got a bit lost, had a gilarti ( amazing ice cream) saw some more ruins then back to the hostel. that arvy i got some wine, cheese, bread & soasage and watched a top sunset (up a shit load of stairs behind the monumento emanuele 2nd, if ya there check out a set, top veiws of the city)

next stop the city of canals


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



24th January 2006

26th Jan...
Just thought i would let you know that its Australia day on the 26th - dont forget your roots travelling boy! Have a drink for me.
27th January 2006

holy crap
Aaron, im so freacking jelous of you... ahh... rome! haha .. hope europe is treating you well.. ps i like your hat, much better than your ugly shorts!!!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb