The Vatican Experience


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, let me just say AMAZING! The long, long, long, long line for the Vatican was definately worth while. We planned to get up early this morning to go see the Vatican, unfortunately the alarm didn't work. We were able to hop the metro and be there by around 8:20am, and the line was already stretched around the block. It was around 10:45am by the time we actually made it to the entrance, which was great compared to most! We decided a tour would be best for a place such as this, so we knew what it was we were looking at. Therefore, we had to wait until 12:00 for the next tour. At least we could sit down while we waited. When we started to walk around the museum it proved to be a spectacular sight indeed. The art and sculptures within the walls of the city are absolutely amazing. They are some of the most well preserved artifacts I've ever seen. Granted there are many places I have yet to see in this world, but they were fantastic. I can't really explain the day all that much, because it was so much to take in, and most of the day consisted of listening and looking...not much I can express to you in words, just that you have make a trip to see the Sistine Chapel. The color, history, and beauty in this small little country, known as Vatican City, is UNBELIEVEABLE! MAGNIFICO! Tomorrow we will probably try to see some more sites all around Rome, and participate in the infamous Pub Crawl...woo hoo...hahaha. Until then....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb