Day 4: Wheels On the Bus Go Round


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Swansea
March 16th 2011
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we saw more then we had planned. Dare I say this was our most miserable day here in the UK, but it didn't start that way. The day started out great. We took a cab from the hotel to our organization's headquarters so there was no way we would get lost. We got to meet more of the kids in SYSHP and were able to see the hostel that they stay in. The broadcast students shot the interviews and Nicole and I took a couple of girls aside to do our own interviews. It was phenomenal experience. These girls have been through so much to be so young. It was heart warming. I just wanted to help them. Afterwards we went to the City Centre to eat lunch. A few of us went to McDonalds. Yes we traveled to the UK so we could eat McDonalds. The surprise was I actually liked their McDonalds, it tasted healthier. I didn't feel as though I was dying with every bite. I still refuse to eat McDonalds in the States though. I got to see my first castle, Swansea Castle, unfortunately it was under construction so we weren't able to go inside. It was still beautiful. I love the buildings here because they are actually old and people actually took time to build it and make it beautiful. It was time to head to our meeting at the Uni so we walked back through the mall to catch our bus. We jumped on the bus we were told we needed to be on and got ready for a ride we would never forget. It took us through places we had never seen before, but we just assumed its a different bus then we are use to so maybe it goes backwards. We kept waiting for the bus to get closer to something we would recognize. So turns out we were told the wrong bus and we actually were an hour and a half from being dropped off at the University. Did I mention we had already been on the bus for an hour? It is so difficult to get the hang of public transits in the UK. We ended up being on the bus for 2 and a half hours with a screaming child. It was a blast. We ended up missing our meeting so we got on a bus again, to go to our hotel. Frustrated and starving, Taylor, Hunter, and myself walked down to the White Rose to get dinner. And we watched our first English soccer game on tv. Despite the long, undesired field trip, we benefited a lot from the time spent with our clients.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb