Ramsey Island


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » St Davids
June 6th 2012
Published: October 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was nice & sunny again so we jumped in the car & headed down to St Davids & got tickets to Ramsey Island. We found the lifeboat station were the boats go from & after a bit of kerfuffle we found where we were meant to wait for our boat & waited.

Boat turned up & we headed across the Ramsey Sound. The Island is lovely. We saw wheatears, mippets, oystercatchers, little auks, lots of gulls, seals, peregrin chicks, chough (in flight), jackdaws, beetles, big fluffy caterpillars and a herd of red deer.

We did the Ramsey 3 peaks challenge (ok, non of the hills were that high, but they were quite steep!) & even got a tad of sunburn. Beautiful day for it! Had a good chat to many of the RSPB vols there, including a couple who live on the boarder of Bedfordshire so I told them to come & visit Flitwick Moor!

After a cuppa tea & some snacks we headed back to the mainland, stopped one to grab addition food from the store in St Davids, and again to top up on fuel before returning to the cottage for cake, crisps, a rahter reluctant fire & food!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb