St David’s


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » St Davids
November 24th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 24.11.2009 Day 41
St David’s
We went to St David’s the west most point in Wales. On the way we stopped in the town of Penbroke and explored there saw castle. We then saw the Carew castle and Tidal Mill which was closed due to strong winds. The Tidal mill is the only restored one in Wales and there are only 5 in Britain. The Castel displays the development from Norman fortification to Elizabethan country house. Archaeological excavations have uncovered evidence of a much earlier settlement possibly dating back some 2,000 years. Most of the fairies to Ireland were also not going due to the wind.
We could not see Ireland (which I am told you can on a clear day) and the sea was very rough and windy. The town was very pretty as is the St David church which we were told was built there so they could put a town there and the town originally had 6 people but it is a lot bigger now. It was a very big church for 6 people? My friend decided to try the shortest route on the Sat Nav for a change and it warned us that it was not always the safest, fastest or most fuel efficient way. No sooner had we said yes to this was the sat nav (who we now have an Irish lass as the voice) telling us to go down a path that looked like only 4 wheal drives could use and did not look like a road at all. We did this and at the end of it we got to a ford that was about 1 meter deep and running very fast. At this point we decided we would not do as the sat nav said and when down a side street the sat nav was very instant and keep telling us to turn around and go back to the ford! Eventually she could tell we were not going to do it so found another path for us this time is was so thin our car almost got stuck in it. At this point we decided to do as the sat nav suggested and took the fastest way we were then on our way as usual. We arrived home safely and cooked dinner. We then went to the planed entertainment at the resort which in our programs was a female singer when we got there it was a guy. He was not as good as the guy we had two nights before and on our way out we saw that they had swapped him with the girl for tomorrow night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb