St Davids and a wedding


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » Pembroke
May 6th 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our good friend Nick got married to Vicky on Saturday 6th May 2006 in his home 'city' of St Davids in Pembrokeshire, Wales. We drove down on Friday, we left home at 10 and got there at just after 2pm. We checked in to our b&b and then walked around the smallest city in the UK. St Davids has a cathedral which gives it the status of city - but it is really a tiny little place - a bit more like a village! We could walk easily from our b&b, The Waterings, to the cathedral where they were going to get married, and to the hotel where they would have the reception! We have been to St Davids before with Nick some years ago for New Years Eve, and I had been as a child on a family holiday. We walked to the cathedral, which was built in 1181 and also saw the ruins of the Bishop's Palace which was built in the mid 1300s. On Friday evening we went out for a meal with about 25 other people who were to attend the wedding. On the day of the wedding David an I walked to the coastal path and walked for just a short way along it - it was truly stunningly beautiful. The sun was shining, and the gorse and the sea thrift were in flower, the sea was blue, as was the sky! It was breathtaking. We then went back to get changed and then walked with some friends to the wedding (via a trip to the pub with the bridegoom). The service was lovely, and some of the photos were taken inside because of a threat of rain. There were some photos outside too - with the car and the confetti - the usual weddingy shots! We then walked to the reception at the Warpool Court Hotel. The speeches were great, the food was tastey, the Evlis impersonater DJ - was interestingly fun! I enjoyed dancing too! We stayed drinking till about 0130, and then staggered back to our b&b, walking with some friends who were staying in various places near to us. We got up to enjoy a wonderful full Welsh (!) breakfast. We nipped to see the best man (Billy, his wife Helen and their daughter Eden) to say good bye and then set off home at 1000 - again it took about 4 hours. A great way to spend a weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Coastal pathCoastal path
Coastal path

It really did take our breath away it was so beautiful - the pics do not do it justice!


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb