Cardiff


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
June 12th 2011
Published: June 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well I know this blog is a little late but it's been full speed ahead the last few days.
It all started when we arrived in Cardiff by train on late Sunday afternoon! We then found a cabbie out the front of the train station which was pretty lucky considering it was pretty miserable weather and we weren't too keen on walking with suitcases and bags for 4 miles in the rain. He took us to the hostel where we had to pick up the keys and then onwards to our hotel - The Cardiff Apartments.
These apartments are quite bland but we don't really need anything else. It has all the basics such as a kitchen, a washing machine, heating, and a pretty nice bathroom. Oh and a ghost but we will get to that.
The washing machine didn't work and judging by the colour of the water that refused to drain from it, it hasn't worked for quite some time!! The kitchen lights had blown some sort of circuit so an electrician had to come out and fix it, at the hotels cost thank god!

But apart from that, we were close to the shops so we decided since we were only there for 1 full day we would spend the day shopping. We do intend to go back after our time in Ireland. After a full day at the shops we made what was supposed to be butter chicken curry but nothing can compare to Tonez's butter chicken, so we'll just call it chicken for now. We went to bed absolutely stuffed after a big day. Sarah as always hit the pillow and crashed. I however was feeling a bit uneasy so I couldn't sleep.
I sat up playing games on my phone until I heard noises from the living room!
It seemed as if someone was walking around up and down the hallway as I could hear the floorboard creaking in such a fashion. At this stage I got up and checked it out, half expecting a fight, half expecting to change my pants after!
When I did manage to open the door, there was no one there and the door was locked as we had left it.
At this stage I still felt uneasy but dismissed it and went to bed. I lay down for a bit more trying to sleep, until the door handle of our bedroom started rattling. This well and truly freaked me out!
this stopped after a few seconds and then the footsteps started again, and then the sound of furniture moving in the living room.

I don't know how I managed to sleep but the next morning we decided that we would go back to the apartment for our next stay but would do so on the condition that we do not get the same room. Especially since, that next morning, the door that joined the hallway to the living room, would shut quite comfortably, but would also swing shut without warning and without any sort of explanation.

On Tuesday morning, we hightailed it onto our train and onwards to the airport where we boarded a plane to Belfast in Ireland which was a nice short 1 hours flight.

Stay tuned for hopefully a less paranormal account of our stay in Belfast!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb