Welcome to Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
April 30th 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Greetings all

We left South America and flew to spain where we spent a night in Madrid and then flew onto London to begin the next part of our trip.

We were moving to the UK to work and save up money so we could go travelling through Europe.

Many people had told us that getting set up was the most expensive part of moving anywhere let alone a different country. however luckily for us Peters friend Tom was playing rugby in the UK and had offered to pick us up from the airport. We walked out of the gate to see tom standing in the airport holding a bag of golf clubs, slightly odd but so what. Tom then informed us that he had a car accident on the way to the airport and had caused a 5 car pile up!!!. Luckily he was ok, but we had to get the bus back to cardiff as the car was totalled and he had been dropped off to the airport in a tow truck.

Tom had been playing rugby in Wales for the last 6 months and was heading back in a few weeks while we were just arriving and needed to get our lives in order. We also needed to get a job, as anyone will tell you the UK is very expensive.

Cardiff is the capital city of Wales and has a population of around 200,000 it is fairly small with an hour walk taking you out of the city. The centre piece of the city is millenium stadium the venue for the 1999 Rugby World Cup and also in the city is Cardiff Castle.

On our first few days in town we managed to see both the castle and the millenium stadium both of which where pretty impressive and the weather was even nice, which was even better. So at the end of our 1st week we had seen many of the tourist sights of the town secured somewhere to live and we also got ourselves jobs. At this point we started saving and planning for the things we were going to do when we had enough money.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SquirellsSquirells
Squirells

There are squirells everywhere inside the castle and the park next to it
Big DermBig Derm
Big Derm

Night out with tom and we run into 80\'s AFL superstar Dermott Brereton, he was a really nice guy and was keen to have a chat to.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb