Glencoe


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands
January 25th 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

GlencoeGlencoeGlencoe

the three sisters
Today Uncle John, Aunt May and Aunt Elaine took me for a gorgeous scenic drive through real snowy mountains, I have never seen anything like it before, amazing. Snow covered mountains surrounded me. We wound through the hills till we got to Glencoe, an amazing site surrounded by sprawling hills and rich in wildlife. It was also the sight of a massacre centuries ago. Ever since I got to Scotland I have wanted to go there and it was absolutely stunning. I have never seen mountains like that and snow like that, just gorgeous.
We went into the visitor info centre that had all the geological information about how it formed, Afterwards we drove in to Glencoe Village to look at the monument to the massacre, on the way we drove past this little girl who must have been about three out with her Mum while her Mum worked in the garden and it was seriously freezing like three degrees and this kid had her pants down around her ankles!! Hilarious After walking around and seeing the monument we drove past again and they werte still doen. I hope she doesn't get frostbite, that would be particularly painful!
Had a great day even though I was exhausted from working a lot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Picnic from the back of the car


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb