Christmas 2008


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Stirlingshire » Falkirk
December 28th 2008
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We headed off at 7am christmas eve morning and had a 7 hour drive till we got to our rented cottage in St Abbs on the Scottish Borders. It didnt take us long to get settled and we enjoyed our first meal (one of many) and some DVDs.

Xmas morning we opened our pressies (we had two very excited Canadians) and then had a champagne breakfast with Bucks fizz and home made christmas crackers.

Once we were completley stuffed with food we then set off out to explore the costline. We followed the coastal path for a while until we were too chilly and headed back to start on the xmas dinner.

We had a massive spread for xmas dinner including the traditional turkey and yorkshire puddings and a tatsy roast lamb and vegetables.

Boxing day we headed in to Edinburgh to check out the city and catch some of the big boxing day sales.

We then headed out early on the 27th over to Falkirk to catch up with Matts family. We went to see the massive Falkirk wheel and had lunch at the local garden centre. With a huge drive back to london we headed off in the late arvo down the M74

About 4 hours out of London we pulled over to get some gas only to then have Puddles (the car) lights not want to switch on. So we found a place to park and set out to find a place to stay for the evening.

We managed to score the last two rooms at the travel lodge in Lancaster a quality establishment at £50 a room! we were just happy to have a place to sleep so once we had got our things sorted we followed directions to find the local pub a couple of miles away. We rambled thru the country side to find the Holly Inn and to be treated to the biggest pub servings ever!

After a night of meriment and making the most of the change of plans we headed out early in the morning and made it back to london safe and sound.



Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb