Stornoway


Advertisement
Published: November 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sornoway


Today was supposed to be a day off the bikes but we did actually cycle 9 miles northwards (doh!) to check out another spot which looked like a campsite on the OS map. However it just turned out to be a caravan park.

Andy managed to fix his wheel at Alex Dan's bike shop. Alex Dan was not there himself but a dude working there was really helpful and let Andy find the bits he needed to fix the wheel AND let him use the workshop with no hassle.

The friendly helpful trustingness of the Outer Hebrides peeps amazes me, it's great and so different to how things are in the SE of England.

Alex Dan's bike shop in Stornoway rocks! While we were in the workshop I spotted a letter written to Alex Dan from back in the 90s thanking him for all the help he gave them with a split tyre on their cycling holiday.

We had lunch, a himalayan vegiburger at a place called HS1 near the harbour and in the evening went for a walk close to the war memorial, which is a pretty imposing sight and can be seen for miles around.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb