Family time in scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Perth
September 20th 2007
Published: November 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Scotland Family time
We just came back from a wonderful time in Scotland. Mark and I got our car back. It needed a new clutch. Fun huh? We drove up on a Thursday morning and stayed with Mark’s parents, Peter and Janette. We fit quite a bit in while we were up there. We had coffee with Mark’s Gran, who is thrilled to have Mark back on the same land. Mark and his brother Chris love to tease their Gran. I love Mark’s Gran because she gives it out better than they do.
Mark and I went to his Brother Chris’s and his girlfriend Eve’s house in Dundee for dinner on Friday night. They have a lovely house and have done a great job making it their own. We were also able to meet Eve’s two children, Jessica and Lewis. Oh my gosh they are so much fun and we can’t wait to see them all again.
On Saturday, Mark’s dad cooked his stir-fry, which I love!!! After dinner, most of the family came over for drinks. It was so much fun to see everybody again. All the aunts and uncles, Mark’s Gran, His counsin’s Katie and Vicki, Chris and Eve
Sunday lunchSunday lunchSunday lunch

Yummy and the biggest yorkshire puddings I have ever seen!!!
and the kids, Jill, Phil, Debbie and Amanda were all there. We had a great time and watched Mark’s parents wedding video. It was fun to see everybody 36 years ago and the outfits, which look a lot like what is at the shops now.
We were sad to leave everybody again, but it was nice not to have to catch a plane and could leave at a reasonable hour. The drive is only about five and a half hours. It took us almost 7 since it was raining and there were a lot of accidents on the highway. We left with more than we went with, since Mark cleared out some of his old stuff from his parent’s attic. We were able to leave the books since we really don’t have a place for anymore of Mark’s books here. Peter gave me some orchids and other pretty flowers to take home. I am hoping I can keep them alive. We are looking forward to Christmas when we can see everybody again. We can’t wait!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

DessertDessert
Dessert

Lewis and his massive Sunday
Chris and EveChris and Eve
Chris and Eve

Mark's brother and his girlfriend
say cheesesay cheese
say cheese

Mark's dad taking a picture of Mark taking a picture of him.
The girls The girls
The girls

Emily, Eve, and Janette
What an angelWhat an angel
What an angel

Jessica posing for the camera.
The masters of the houseThe masters of the house
The masters of the house

Cory and Peter.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb